What To Do at NAGAP 2015
Posted: March 30, 2015
The last stop on our Spring conference tour is the National Association of Graduate Professional’s 28th Annual Conference in New Orleans. We’re excited to attend and plan to make the most of our time in the Big Easy.
Below are some suggested adventures and educational opportunities for all NAGAP conference attendees.
- Eat a beignet. It wouldn’t be a trip to NOLA without stopping at the legendary Cafe Du Monde on Decatur St. Go ahead and order two or three, they’re that good.
- Come see us at the Welcome Reception in the Exhibit Hall. We’ll be all set up and ready to go at 6:00 pm. We’ll have t-shirts available for all of the Storytellers, Brand Police and Gurus who are willing to tell us what keeps them up at night.
- Get up early for the 2nd Annual Fun Run. There’s no better way to kickstart your morning and get a quick tour of NOLA than a run with your conference peers.
- Don’t miss the keynote address, Credibility is the Foundation of Leadership by Dr. Barry Posner from the Leavey School of Business at Santa Clara University.
- Take your pick from any of these sessions at 1:00 pm on Thursday afternoon. We’re still struggling to decide between attending Build the Relationship: Web Conferencing from Prospect to Enrollment, Integrating Marketing & Recruitment to Boost Enrollment in Graduate Programs and Improving Your CRM on a Shoestring Budget.
- Go for a spin at the Carousel Bar & Lounge on Thursday evening. This is one of the most well known bars in the city and is located the the Hotel Monteleone, a notable attraction in its own right.
- Increase collaboration at your institution during the 10:15 am session on Friday titled Developing a New Kind of Rhythm: Uniting Undergraduate & Graduate Admissions to Work in Harmony toward Increasing Enrollment.
- Bring prospective students to you by learning new tactics during the 1:15 pm session on Friday afternoon titled Inbound 2.0: A Journey to What’s New & What’s Next in Inbound Marketing.
- Stop by the French Quarter Festival to experience a variety of live performance at venues like the New Orleans Tech Big River Stage, Abita Beer Stage, Harrah’s New Orleans Stage, Tropical Isle Hand Grenade Stage and more.
- Finish strong on Saturday morning at 9:45 am with Lessons Learned: The Short Life of a New Graduate Program.
- Experience history on Bourbon Street. It’s home to countless history shops and restaurants and is a must-see during your stay.
I know this is a long list, but there is so much to do! To follow all conference activities, check out @NAGAP. If you’re interested in what VisionPoint is doing, take a look at @vispoint, @mattydubb3 and @jherberg. See you in New Orleans!