What To Do at #CASEMagic
Posted: February 9, 2015
The second stop on our 2015 conference tour is CASE III in Orlando, FL. The theme of the event is Magic: Success is No Illusion. Diane and Tony will be representing the VisionPoint team this year. With all of the exciting events happening, we’ve had to plan out their agenda to make sure they don’t miss a beat.
It’s hard to pinpoint the most valuable presentations going on. Below is a list of our recommended sessions and attractions to make the most of your CASE III conference experience.
- Kickoff the conference with a pre-conference workshop. These workshops are a great way to get more in-depth information on a topic that interests you. This year’s lineup includes everything from cultural diversity to building lasting partnerships.
- Enjoy a night out at Universal Studios. I suggest heading to City Walk. You don’t need a ticket to get in and you’ll have a long list of restaurants to choose from.
- Make the most of your morning at a focused discussion session during breakfast. We’re interested to hear from Campbell University as they discuss how to leverage your students as the best resource to share your institution’s story.
- Eat lunch by the pool. I can tell you from experience that enjoying your lunch in the sun out by the pool is both relaxing and energizing after a busy morning of sessions.
- Promote collaboration by learning lessons from Clemson University at 2:00 pm on how to engage various campus audiences in a unified digital marketing initiative.
- Have a drink at Downtown Disney. With unlimited dining, shopping and entertainment, you’re in for a good time no matter what you decide to do here.
- Make a cultural change by positioning marketing communications as a collaborative partner. Georgia College will explain how they used branding to change the we need a brochure culture on their campus.
- Get outside and enjoy the Florida sunshine between sessions. If you don’t take any of our other advice, we insist that you make the post of your trip to sunny Florida to kick those winter blues.
- Celebrate milestones with Kennesaw State University as they walk us through their approach to planning and executing a large event on campus.
- Feed the dolphins. The conference resort is right next door to some of nature’s most fascinating aquatic life at SeaWorld Orlando. Why not take a quick stroll around the park and sit in on a show before heading home?
This time around you’ll have not one, not two, but three chances to join us for a presentation. We’re partnering with Laurie Clowers from Wake Tech Community College and David Hawsey from Gardner-Webb to share their stories and the valuable lessons learned. We’ll be presenting at 8:30 am and 3:15 pm on Monday, February 16th and again at 3:15 pm on Tuesday, February 17th.
Define Yourself: Branding a College That is Everything to Everyone
A cohesive brand story should enhance awareness and create a positive experience for prospective and current students, faculty/staff and the community. Join Wake Tech Community College and VisionPoint Marketing to learn how we overcame the challenge of creating a simple yet compelling brand for the largest community college in North Carolina. This presentation will outline the process of branding an institution that does so much for so many.
Building a (Brand) New Tomorrow Part 1: How a Comprehensive Rebrand Transformed a University’s Culture
What if a rebrand could do more than refine your institution’s messaging and visual mark, enhance your brand visibility, drive enrollment goals and generate revenue? What if defining your institution’s brand promise – and then getting creative about how to fulfill that promise – could spark a campus-wide cultural transformation? Join Gardner-Webb University and VisionPoint Marketing as we unpack the process of an effective rebrand engagement and discuss how Gardner-Webb’s new brand promise became a catalyst for meaningful, even magical institutional change.
Building a (Brand) New Tomorrow Part 2: Leveraging your Brand Promise to Transform your Enrollment Marketing Strategy
For years, Gardner-Webb University’s enrollment marketing strategy resembled that of most tuition-driven institutions in a recession: scramble to attract and enroll as many students as possible. In 2014, though, the University took a radically different approach, growing enrollment by 10% while receiving 11% fewer applications and 10% fewer prospective student visits. Sound like magic? It’s not. Join Gardner-Webb University and VisionPoint Marketing as we discuss how an integrated marketing plan built on a clear, compelling brand promise can help your institution find–and enroll–the students who truly fit.
We hope you’ll stop in to see us at one of our sessions. Follow us @visponit and stay on the lookout for updates from @dianeyoshi and @ahatony as well. Keep up all things CASE II by following #casemagic. See you in Orlando!