What To Do at #CASE2DC
Posted: January 26, 2015
In just one week we’ll be traveling north on I-95 to Washington, DC for #CASE2DC: Monumental Shifts. There’s always a lot going on at a higher ed conference and it’s easy to lose track of time. We like to plan ahead to be sure that we get the most out of every event that we attend.
Here are a few recommendations for how to maximize your time at CASE II.
- Start strong on Sunday. There are a ton of great sessions lined up this year. Integrated Marketing at Its Best – Axioms and Case Studies during Super Session #2 caught our eye with lessons from Roanoke College, Emory & Henry University and Carlisle School.
- Don’t miss the most important game of the year! Superbowl XLIX kicks off on Sunday at 6:30 pm. You’ll find our very own Tony Poillucci sporting his Patriots gear at the Super Bowl Viewing Party in the Birdcage Room.
- Learn how to tell your story at the Monday morning session titled Using Hollywood Storytelling Principles to Advance Your University Message. We’re excited to hear what Princeton and Columbia University have to say about creating valuable and compelling media.
- Chow down at one of DC’s local favorites. They secretly hope the tourists never discover these delicious eateries, but your secret’s safe with us.
- Measure success on Tuesday morning with American University’s session titled Put Your Metric Where Your Mouth Is. They’ll explain how to prove the value of your marketing efforts with hard data.
- Take a break and enjoy a jog or a stroll around this fascinating city. Here are 5 running routes in the DC area suggested by a former resident and marathon runner.
- Collaborate with your team. We’re excited to hear Gettysburg College and Lebanon Valley College share their insights into Building a Creative and Collaborative Communications Team for the Future.
- Before you leave, visit at least one of the many historic monuments that can only be found in Washington, DC. Even if you don’t take a guided tour, just passing by will give you a brief look at our nation’s fascinating history.
Of course there is one other thing you simply can’t’ miss! We will be speaking alongside the College of Southern Maryland at 2:00 pm on Monday, February 2nd.
From Audience to Offerings: Overcoming the Challenges of a Community College Website Redesign
For the College of Southern Maryland, their key marketing challenges were most evident on their website, so they dove into a full redesign project. The growing market for community colleges presented many challenges along the way. With a new approach and focus on usability, they were able to create a marketing platform that is user friendly and clearly communicates the variety of offerings and opportunities for prospective students.