Three Chords and You’re an Analytics Rock Star Mastering the Essentials of Analytics
Posted: October 22, 2016
When it comes to Google Analytics, it is crucial to get the essentials right. The data doesn’t have to be complicated. By mastering the basics, you can go much deeper, faster. The key is knowing what those core elements are and where you should spend your energy. This presentation will go over the most important considerations of Google Analytics. With efficiency and effectiveness in mind, it also covers how you can turn the basic data into action. In addition to the essentials, we will include some tips and tricks that even advanced users will find helpful.
Some of the key takeaways include:
- Learn the data essentials – what to measure and how to track it
- Learn the language, how to speak (and think) like a data analyst
- The importance of goals and user segmentation
- How to understand and measure the long-term impact of your content
- How to get the most out of your analytics reports
Whether you’re a brand manager looking to understand the effectiveness of an awareness campaign or a digital marketer digging in on which channels delivered the most ROI, this presentation aims to help you sort through the many metrics and KPIs to determine which ones are most important to you and what they mean.
This presentation was originally given at the 2018 eduWeb Digital Summit and was awarded Best of Track.