VisionPoint Marketing is a full-service advertising agency based in Raleigh, NC, specializing in higher education marketing. We serve universities, colleges and community colleges across the country to help them achieve their enrollment goals. Our portfolio consists of award-winning branding, marketing, and web design campaigns – work we’re invited to share every year at national conferences.
Who Are We Looking For?
VisionPoint is seeking a motivated, well-organized and passionate Marketing Strategy Intern to join our team. Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in settings that require them to learn and grow and who is not afraid to take initiative. As a member of VisionPoint’s Integrated Strategy team, the Marketing Strategy Intern will dive into all aspects of the VisionPoint strategy-creation process, gaining hands-on experience in an agency setting.
- Clear, creative, and effective written communication skills
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to a collaborative team environment
- A knack for multitasking
- Experience with analytics
- Experience with research (competitor research, audience research, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic SEO best practices
What You’ll Do
A Marketing Strategy Intern’s day is full of hands-on work within integrated campaigns. Your day-to-day tasks will be determined with the VisionPoint team based on your interests and goals. Examples of specific intern projects include:
- Conduct research on market availability and audience analysis
- Participate in interviews to build out current state analysis and identify trends to guide brand storytelling
- Conduct keyword research with tools like BrightEdge and SEMRush (training on tools provided)
- Analyze primary research for insights and themes
- Listening tour observation, compilation of notes, and identification of themes
- Identify distinct stories that amplify client brands
- Review websites and social media accounts for client analysis and competitive analysis
- Write strategy brief components
- Compose SWOTs (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) for current state analysis
- Write current state descriptions
- Write target audience analysis
- Draft creative and media briefs
- Participate in strategy brainstorming sessions
- Conduct research to grow company and client understanding of the higher education landscape and industry insights
Our Internship Program
The VisionPoint internship program is a 12-week program offered in Spring, Summer and Fall. The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are looking to gain experience in an agency setting. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to ensure your experience fits your career goals. Every intern in the program is assigned a mentor who will work with them to set goals and provide regular performance feedback. Interns receive $10/hour, and VisionPoint is happy to work with full-time students looking to get course credit for their internship.
In order to truly immerse yourself in the VisionPoint work environment, we recommend that you spend at least 15-20 hours in our office each week.
VisionPoint Marketing believes that every intern has the potential to become a full-time VisionPoint employee following graduation.