As a Marketing Strategist at VisionPoint, you’ll author high-level, full-service strategies and plans that draw on our various service areas to help clients achieve their goals. You’ll work alongside our Account Directors and Project Managers in direct consultation with our clients to assess their situations, define their goals, author high-level strategies and map out integrated plans. You’ll also provide expert guidance in executing those plans, analyzing how effectively they’re working, and guiding optimizations along the way. This role will also help ensure VisionPoint’s business success by contributing to the pursuit of new business opportunities and expanding existing ones.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Integrated Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Collaborate with Research, Media, Creative and other teams on strategic planning, message mapping, creative development and media plans across all project phases
- Work with Account Directors and clients to analyze detailed requirements and develop research approaches to inform marketing strategies and achieve client goals
- Conceive and conduct research, focus groups, surveys and other data collection to gather insights that inform marketing strategies
- Create and present marketing strategy briefs, media plans, measurement strategies, SEO strategies, reports and other deliverables relevant to client needs. Support will be provided from in-house subject matter experts in such areas as SEO, research, and analytics
- Analyze data (via Google Analytics and other platforms) and use it to inform strategies
- Conceive approaches and draft scopes for new project work
- Support Account Directors in preparing for major client meetings, presentations, renewal and other “state of the partnership” discussions, particularly when the focus is on strategic direction
- Support the Strategic Partnerships team by acting as a go-to subject matter expert, contributing strategic insight into our new and existing business proposals.
- Be passionate about all things marketing strategy and marketing innovation
- Improve VisionPoint’s processes and enhance integrated marketing deliverables in an increasingly agile, collaborative environment
- Continuously monitor the marketplace and offer thought leadership to VisionPoint and to clients on trends and relevant news and findings
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Skills, Qualities and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Journalism, Communications, Liberal Arts, or other relevant field
- 3+ years experience in developing marketing strategy
- Experience in higher education enrollment or marketing
- Excellent oral, written, listening and interpersonal skills
- Affinity for and comfortable with technology
- Critical thinker with the ability to deliver high-caliber, strategic solutions
- Impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience with analytics, SEO, paid digital and traditional advertising
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills for a high volume of activities with varying priorities
- Quick learner and self-starter who pushes for results even when dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to work and manage stress in the midst of high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively plan, anticipate and take appropriate action in a proactive manner
- The desire to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn while mentoring and educating others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel/spreadsheets and comfortable learning new software as needed.
- Active contribution to VisionPoint’s Values and Culture.
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE ARE LIKE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with—and contribute to—our culture. Our communication, collaboration, satisfaction and growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. Ultimately, we have a laser focus on knowing, providing solutions for, and advancing higher education because of its transformative power in the world. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun, too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.