VisionPoint Marketing is looking for a Junior Media Buyer to join our growing Media & Optimization team. The Junior Media Buyer will be responsible for the planning, negotiation, and placement of media for VisionPoint’s clients. The primary focus area is Traditional Media channels, with some support required in Digital and Hybrid media channels as well. This role also has accountability for day-to-day management of media budgets, invoices, and marketing campaign data collection.This is a critical role within our Media & Optimization team, and will provide the opportunity to learn and hone skills related to traditional and digital media marketing, with the added benefit of working with a great team within a fun and fast-paced agency environment. We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented team member with strong negotiation and critical-thinking skills who also enjoys working in spreadsheets and identifying and reconciling discrepancies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with project teams to understand client goals and make strategic recommendations regarding traditional and hybrid media budgets and placements.
- Negotiate and place various traditional media buys including but not limited to tv, radio, print, billboards, etc.
- Accurately organize and track all media/advertising purchases, ensuring placements are accurate and complete.
- Coordinate with third parties/vendors and internal teams to ensure that all budgets, invoices, and other data are up-to-date.
- Gather and organize marketing campaign performance data from our partners and the marketing platforms so that it is ready for analysis.
- Track and reconcile media-related expenses to ensure the company is being invoiced correctly and that vendors are paid correctly and in a timely manner.
- Research and experiment new platforms and media channels.
- Work closely with the Director of Media & Optimization to create and refine related processes.
- Works with accounting to monitor and update actual media spends as well as projections in the company’s project management software.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interest and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in a comparable role and familiarity with media-buying, planning, and research.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and a general love of spreadsheets.
- Impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through, even and especially including the tactical administrative tasks that are essential to the job.
- Ability to effectively plan, anticipate and take proactive, appropriate action.
- Desire and demonstrate the ability to thrive within a team environment.
- Passion to deliver work that’s excellent and efficient.
- Thirst for knowledge and passion to learn and grow in your area of expertise.
- Sense of ownership and accountability to the goals, the client and the team.
- Willingness to actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture and embody our values.
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE’RE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.