Introducing the Fall 2012 Interns
Posted: December 4, 2012
We have been very lucky to have two wonderful interns this fall. Here is a little bit about each of them and their experience here at VisionPoint.
Name: Chelsea Strange
University: North Carolina State University
Major: Business Administration – Marketing Concentration
5 Fun Facts About Me
- I love to run, and hope to run a marathon within the next year.
- I am equally as fascinated with storms as I am terrified of them.
- I am a die-hard Washington Redskins and NC State Wolfpack fan. And I always will be.
- I have a weakness for sweets. Especially gummy bears — you give me gummy bears and we will be friends forever.
- The beach is my favorite place to be and I will live there one day.
4 Favorite Bands/Singers
- Zac Brown Band
- Hootie & The Blowfish
- Corey Smith
- Jack Johnson
3 Favorite Foods
- French toast — breakfast is by far the best meal of the day.
- My mom’s chocolate-chip cookies — no one makes them like she does!
- Mexican food — any kind, it doesn’t matter it is all good.
2 Favorite Things about VisionPoint Marketing
- Flexibility. VisionPoint understands that while I am an intern, I am also a student. I was worried that I would not have time for both work and school, but at VisionPoint I am able to set hours that coincide with my class schedule to allow me to attend classes and still have time to study.
- It is not all work and no play at VisionPoint. While the work we do and the relationships with our clients are of the utmost importance, birthdays are still celebrated often, talks of the Wolfpack can be heard on any given day (which is always a plus for me!), and trips to Harris Teeter for lunch are an almost daily occurrence.
1 Future Goal
- My ultimate future goal is to have my own company. Until the time comes when that is possible, I want to further my career in the marketing industry becoming a top marketing executive and learning everything I possibly can along the way. I am certain my time at VisionPoint is the first step in attaining these goals.
Name: Azmeena Salehani
University: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
5 Fun Facts
- Everything about me is Scorpio–I’m passionate, loyal and determined.
- In 7th grade, my brother tried to find me a pet monkey. Until we learned they can make quite a mess.
- I have to eat at least one piece of chocolate a day. I’m only kind of obsessed.
- My favorite color is blue. And I promise you will never catch me wearing red. Ever.
- Heels and food are the key to my heart.
4 Things I Would Take to a Stranded Island
- iPad–Tech junkie at heart.
- Handheld mini-fan with water spray–In case it gets hot, of course.
- Copious amounts of food–What more can I say?
- My family–Life without them would be meaningless.
3 Favorite Quotes
- You want me to do something…tell me I can’t do it. -Maya Angelou
- Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do. -Steve Jobs
- Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position. -Mahatma Gandhi
2 Favorite things about VisionPoint
- My favorite thing about interning at VisionPoint Marketing is the flexibility in what I get to learn. VisionPoint really cares about my personal goals, and tailors my experience accordingly.
- VisionPoint interns are truly valued as part of the team. We get to work with all executives, even the CEO–this is an opportunity not many get to experience.
1 Future Goal
- My ultimate future goal is to become a successful and highly influential marketing executive. While my hope is to reach this destination one day, I believe the path I will take to get there is unpaved. Right now, I just want to focus on gaining a fundamental understanding of the industry, and learn the skills necessary not only to make it–but to become your future boss!