VisionPoint Marketing is a rapidly growing agency, recently ranked in the top 10 best employers in North Carolina. Our clients are higher education institutions of all sizes and missions from North Carolina State University in Raleigh to west-coast schools like UC Santa Barbara.
As part of our growth strategy, and in support of our vision to become the country’s most sought-after marketing agency for higher ed, we’re seeking an experienced Content Developer to join our Strategic Partnerships team. This is a critical role within the VisionPoint team, helping to generate revenue and build our brand through nuanced proposal writing and the agency’s social media management.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with outstanding written and verbal communication skills, an analytical mind, and strong problem-solving skills to join the marketing agency world. The Content Developer will report to the Director of Strategic Partnerships.
What You Will Do
- Read, understand and diagnose Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) in order to truly understand the client’s needs and be able to tailor VisionPoint’s recommendations and work in collaboration with other subject matter experts to build a customized solution that meets the client’s needs
- Write thoughtful, well-crafted proposals and presentations which align with VisionPoint’s sales process and exhibit a strong understanding of, and empathy for, prospective clients’ marketing needs and goals
- As a principal proposal and pitch creator, work in conjunction with subject matter experts to assemble all necessary information including project scope, client objectives/goals/deliverables, processes, cost estimation, etc.
- Estimate accurate cost estimates by predicting hours required based on historical data, team input and VisionPoint’s proprietary methodologies
- Meet deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; coordinate requirements with contributors; contribute proposal status information; coordinate and execute submission of proposals, including shipping when necessary
- Interview subject matter experts and craft our client success stories to exhibit VisionPoint’s thought leadership via:
- Blog posts
- Case studies
- Website content
- Social media posts
- Work with the Brand VisionPoint team to market the agency via its social media presence by:
- Assisting with the development of the agency’s overall social media strategy
- Creating a content calendar
- Creating and managing new and evergreen social media content
- Managing the agency’s social media accounts and postings (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
Experience and Education
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, English or other applicable field of study.
- 0-1+ years in a similar writing-intensive position
- Demonstrate excellence in written and verbal communication as well as listening skills. In addition to impeccable spelling and grammar, must have the ability to write succinctly and boil complex ideas down into simple explanations. Our standards for writing skills are very high, and we expect candidates to excel in this area.
- Experience in an agency setting or experience crafting proposals specifically for marketing services is a bonus, preferably in a fast-paced agency setting.
You Must Also:
- Have a true passion for writing, envisioning yourself as a career-long writer
- Be a fast learner
- Demonstrate the ability to actively listen and identify opportunities to leverage VisionPoint’s expertise to help a client achieve their goals and then clearly communicate how that can be accomplished.
- Be able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Be extremely detail-oriented.
- Demonstrate creativity and a willingness to solve problems where there is no pat answer.
- Be internally motivated, driven, goal-oriented and capable of managing your own workload against tight deadlines
- Demonstrate empathy for clients, team members, etc.
- Be optimistic and take the attitude that most problems can be solved.
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint culture.
- Experience in crafting proposals for government-issued RFPs
- Experience in an agency setting
- Experience crafting proposals specifically for marketing services
- Experience with Edgar, Canva, or other social media tools
Commensurate with experience.
What We Are Like Here at VisionPoint
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.