VisionPoint Marketing is an award-winning marketing and advertising agency focused solely on serving higher education institutions throughout the U.S. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina and headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina with a handful of satellite offices throughout the country, VisionPoint combines next-level data analytics sophistication with the essential suite of services in brand, web, advertising, and enrollment marketing to drive sustainable enrollment growth in partnership with its clients.
Who Are We Looking For?
VisionPoint is seeking a motivated, organized and passionate intern to join our Web team. Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in settings that require them to learn and grow and who is not afraid to take initiative. As a member of VisionPoint’s Web team, the Web/UX Intern will have the opportunity to dive into and learn about all aspects of the VisionPoint’s Web offerings and processes, gaining in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of an agency.
- Educational background in web design or development, marketing, library sciences, or a related field
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a small, collaborative team environment
- A knack for multitasking
- An interest in the process of building websites
- Knowledge of usability best practices
- Familiarity with information architecture
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems such as WordPress and Drupal
- Basic Knowledge of how websites are built
What You’ll Do
A Web/UX intern’s day is full of hands-on tasks for the agency’s and our clients’ websites. Your day-to-day tasks will be determined with the VisionPoint team based on your interests and goals. Examples of projects include:
- Assisting with creating the information architecture of a website
- Including running website audits, creating sitemaps, building wireframes, and conducting usability testing.
- Collaborating with IA, Designers, and Developers to come up with website interactions and wireframe functionality.
- Content migration
- Conducting quality assurance by testing website usability
- Work with strategists to write competitor analysis reports and current state audits
Our Internship Program
The VisionPoint internship program is a 12-week program offered in Spring, Summer and Fall. The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are looking to gain experience in an agency setting. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to ensure your experience fits your career goals. Every intern in the program is assigned a mentor who will work with them to set goals and provide regular performance feedback. Interns receive a stipend of $100 for every 40 hours worked, and VisionPoint is happy to work with full-time students looking to get course credit for their internship.
Internships are available part-time or full-time. In order to truly immerse yourself in the VisionPoint work environment, we recommend that you spend at least 15-20 hours each week.
VisionPoint Marketing believes that every intern has the potential to become a full-time VisionPoint employee following graduation.Want to learn more about what it’s like to be a VisionPoint intern? Check out what past interns have had to say about their experiences on our blog.