VisionPoint Marketing is seeking a talented, strategic and creative Web Designer to join our team. The Web Designer is a creative thinker, able to translate business strategies and creative concepts into useful and delightful experiences across the web. At VisionPoint, Web Designers work alongside our developers, information architects, Director of Technical Strategy, VP of Marketing & Innovation, Creative Director and other designers, strategists, account managers, content developers and others in an environment that thrives on collaboration, yet expects accountability and ownership. Attention to detail and ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest quality standards is essential.
The ideal candidate will have an uncanny ability to balance both right-brain (highly creative and conceptual) and left-brain (strategic and detail-oriented with a knack for understanding what drives client success) mentalities. Ultimately, our goal is to do outstanding work for clients who deserve nothing but our best and for each teammate to continually grow and improve their own skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Bring solid design skills (including a great appreciation of responsive behavior, usability and accessibility) to website projects from initial concepts to final design, and providing design support during development and quality assurance phases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure a harmonious relationship between information architecture, content, design and development.
- Effectively balance multiple projects, especially in the realm of higher education, which is our primary area of focus.
- Work independently on design projects as well as collaborate with others on the website and creative teams.
- Present website concepts to internal teams, and sometimes directly to the client, for feedback/approval.
- Create clear and helpful documentation in the form of style guides.
- Participate and contribute to brainstorming sessions.
- Diligently complete the administrative aspects of the job, including but not limited to: accurately logging hours, being prompt and prepared for meetings, etc.
- Be a self-starter, be more than willing to help others and contribute to things that may fall outside of your official job description.
- Stay up-to-date with new softwares/tools and industry developments.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interest and experience:
- An outstanding body of work demonstrated in an online portfolio.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to conceptualize strong user experiences in the form of websites that are aesthetically pleasing and robustly experiential.
- Preferably a B.S./B.A./B.F.A. in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Information Design, User Experience or related field.
- Ideally 3-7 years as a Web or Graphic Designer, or work in a related field, but we won’t throw out a strong portfolio if this range does not apply.
- Deep experience with responsive website design.
- General understanding of web accessibility standards (WCAG 2.1 Level AA).
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Experience with the Bootstrap framework
- Ability to design in a modular fashion or for a design system
- Experience designing for Drupal and/or WordPress
- Ability to design with the end user or target audience in mind.
- Strong organizational skills with a pixel-level attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn.
- Works well in a team environment.
- A self-starter who takes on projects and finds the answers without needing to be pushed.
- Strong skills with relevant tools (Sketch, Photoshop or other design tools)
- Experience with Zeplin and InVision are a plus
- Actively contributes to VisionPoint’s culture.
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE ARE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
VisionPoint is honored to have been recognized as one of the top 10 employers in North Carolina for the past three years. At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.
If you think you’re a great fit, please click here to send us your resume along with a thoughtful, well-crafted cover letter telling us why you belong on the VisionPoint team.