VisionPoint Marketing is a rapidly growing agency, recently ranked in the top 5 best employers in North Carolina. Our clients are higher education institutions of all sizes and missions, from schools like North Carolina State University in Raleigh to UC Santa Barbara on the west coast.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Web Administrator to support website development-related systems, servers, processes, and workflows. You will establish and advocate for modern, DevOps practices in a marketing agency environment. As a member of the Web Team, you’ll work with a wide-range of clients, products, and a number of team members including Developers, Product Managers, Strategists, Information Architects, Designers, and Project Managers. This position will report to the Director of Web Production.
This role requires experience supporting websites, web solutions, applications, and administering hosting services (i.e. SiteGround and DigitalOcean). The Administrator will support cloud-based web/application environments and contribute to the architecture of a secure, robust, and streamlined web and application delivery system for internal products, client (higher ed/.edu)websites, and a landing page tool running on WordPress.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support and evolve a website development and deployment system that includes dev/staging sites running in SiteGround (Cloud), Git workflows, and tools such as RunCloud
- Manage and allocate tools, frameworks, and services to enable efficient, secure, high performing service delivery (i.e. caching systems, CDNs, and code minification tools)
- Work closely with Web Developers who use technologies such as Laravel, WordPress, Drupal, Bootstrap, and related front-end/backend development systems
- Ensure the VisionPoint websites and applications are secure, backed-up, scalable, and monitored
- Administer website domains
- Work closely with the Web and Product teams to help establish an architecture strategy for a VisionPoint product suite that enables our clients to meet enrollment goals
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into VisionPoint’s operations and activities
- Actively participate in agile product/project management culture and meetings
- Train clients and staff on administering and managing web solutions and products
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- A minimum of 4 years experience in web development or system/web administration, preferably in a team setting
- 3 years experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP Stack) and associated command line tools
- Comfortable with version control through Git
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated time management abilities and strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Excellent client and team communication skills
- Ability to present facts clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with diverse staff across units and remote environments
- Ability to work with management at all levels in planning and implementing solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, and RDS
- Involvement in Drupal and WordPress communities or other open-source community
- Ability to integrate data from various back-end services and 3rd party APIs
- Experience with frontend libraries such as React, Vue.js, or Ember
- Knowledge or experience with agile software development methodology
- An understanding of site speed best practices
- Ability to identify opportunities for reusable code for our code repository and ensure the high quality creation of the code
- Ability to grasp client goals and contribute to project strategies and plans
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE ARE LIKE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with—and contribute to—our culture. Our communication, collaboration, satisfaction and growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. Ultimately, we have a laser focus on knowing, providing solutions for, and advancing higher education because of its transformative power in the world. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun, too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.