User Experience Designer
The User Experience Designer is a creative thinker able to translate business strategies and creative concepts into useful and delightful experiences, especially in the realm of website design (mobile, desktop, etc.), product development, and UI/UX Design. At VisionPoint, the User Experience Designer works alongside teams of strategists, content developers, technologists, information architects and others in an environment that thrives on collaboration, yet expects accountability and ownership. Attention to detail and ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest quality standards is essential.
The ideal candidate will be able to balance both right-brain (highly creative and conceptual) and left-brain (insanely strategic and detail-oriented with a knack for understanding what drives client success) mentalities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Bring solid design skills (including a great appreciation of typography, design thinking, and strong storytelling) to design mostly interactive media that is accessible and aligns with development standards and best practices.
- Effectively balance multiple projects, especially in the realm of higher education (our primary area of focus)
- Work independently on design projects as well as collaborate with others in the creative department, including the Creative Director
- Collaborate with the strategy, accounts, and technology teams to ensure a harmonious relationship between content, design and development
- Be a self-starter, be more than willing help others, and be willing to contribute to things that may fall outside of your official job description
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interest and experience:
- An outstanding body of work demonstrated in their portfolio
- 4+ years as a User Experience Designer, UI Designer, Interaction Designer, or related field
- B.S./B.A./B.F.A. in UX/UI Design, Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Multimedia Design, HCI, or related field
- Deep experience designing websites
- A strong grasp of the principles and methodologies of user experience, information architecture, user interface design, etc.
- An understanding of how websites are built – not necessarily how to code, although front-end development abilities would be a plus
- Ability to design with the end user / target audience in mind
- A pixel-level attention to detail
- Comfortable with design facilitation, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Understanding of responsive design principles
- Strong skills with relevant tools and apps, such as Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, and Adobe XD.
- Superb organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn
- A self-starter who takes on projects and finds the answers without needing to be pushed
- Actively contributes to VisionPoint’s culture
- Deep, hands on experience with information architecture (site mapping, user flow modeling, wireframe/schematic creation, user testing, etc.)
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE ARE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.