Strategic Partnerships Intern
VisionPoint Marketing is a full service marketing agency based in Raleigh, NC, specializing in higher education marketing consultation and execution. We serve universities, colleges, and community colleges across the country to help them achieve their branding, enrollment, and communication goals. Our portfolio consists of award-winning branding, marketing, and web design campaigns – work we’re invited to share every year at national conferences. Please note that this internship may be remote given then ongoing affects of COVID.
Who Are We Looking For?
VisionPoint is seeking a motivated, well-organized and passionate intern to join our Strategic Partnerships team. Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in settings that require them to learn and grow and who is not afraid to take initiative. As a member of VisionPoint’s sales and marketing team, the Strategic Partnerships Intern will have the opportunity to dive into and learn about all aspects of the VisionPoint’s offerings and processes, gaining in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of an agency.
- Educational background in advertising or marketing
- Clear, concise, and effective written communication skills
- Organizational skills and very strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a small, collaborative team environment
- A knack for multitasking
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms, such as Salesforce
- Knowledge of Request for Proposal (RFP processes)
What You’ll Do
A Strategic Partnership intern’s day is full of hands-on tasks for the agency’s brand. Your day-to-day tasks will be determined with the VisionPoint team based on your interests and goals. Examples of specific intern projects include:
- Conducting quality assurance by proofreading proposals before they are sent to potential clients
- Conducting research on prospective clients
- Contributing to the creation and management of VisionPoint’s social media
- Assisting the team in creating and maintaining accurate client records
Our Internship Program
The VisionPoint internship program is a 12-week program offered in Spring, Summer and Fall. The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are looking to gain experience in an agency setting. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to ensure your experience fits your career goals. Every intern in the program is assigned a mentor who will work with them to set goals and provide regular performance feedback. Interns receive $10/hour, and VisionPoint is happy to work with full-time students looking to get course credit for their internship.
Internships are available part-time or full-time. In order to truly immerse yourself in the VisionPoint work environment, we recommend that you spend at least 15-20 hours in our office each week.
VisionPoint Marketing believes that every intern has the potential to become a full-time VisionPoint employee following graduation.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be a VisionPoint intern? Check out what past interns have had to say about their experiences on our blog.