Strategic Partnerships Coordinator / Proposal Writer
VisionPoint Marketing is a rapidly growing agency, recently ranked in the top 5 best employers in North Carolina. Our clients are higher education institutions of all sizes and missions from North Carolina State University in Raleigh to west-coast schools like UC Santa Barbara.
As part of our growth strategy, and in support of our vision to become the country’s most sought-after marketing agency for higher ed, we’re seeking an entry-level Strategic Partnerships Coordinator to add to our sales and marketing team. This is a core role within our Strategic Partnerships team, acting as a hub in tasks that generate revenue and build our brand, such as managing and contributing to our social media, being a primary conference and meeting event planner and coordinator, a crucial contributor in our sales team as an administrator and also a contributor to creative, nuanced proposals. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with outstanding communication and organization skills to enter the world of marketing.
What You Will Do
Selling & Writing
- Review RFP’s, evaluate for fit and outline responses for those that will be pursued.
- Create thoughtful, well-crafted proposals which align with VisionPoint’s sales process, and follow-up accordingly.
- Be responsible for developing accurate cost estimates by predicting hours required based on historical data, team input and VisionPoint’s proprietary methodologies.
- Assist with sales discovery, evaluation, proposals, pitches, proposal follow up and related initiatives.
- Contribute to the social media portion of the agency marketing plan.
- Utilize social media to celebrate employees and agency culture
- Assist with the management of VisionPoint’s conference participation including meeting deadlines, exhibiting logistics and assembling sales leads.
- Manage website content
- Manage VisionPoint newsletter
- Write blog posts and marketing content as needed.
- Update Salesforce, our CRM, with appropriate prospective client communications
- Coordinate travel for sales opportunities as necessary.
- Act as project manager for your assigned proposals and pitch creation, ensuring all are delivered on time.
- Proofread proposals for accuracy and completeness.
- Support your fellow Strategic Partnerships teammates as needed.
Experience and Education
- Minimum 4-year bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or other applicable field of study.
- 0-2 years in business development or marketing within a fast-paced agency environment.
- Demonstrate excellence in written and verbal communication as well as listening skills. Our standards for writing skills are high, and we expect candidates to excel in this area.
You Must Also:
- Demonstrate the ability to actively listen and identify opportunities to leverage VisionPoint’s expertise to help a client achieve their goals and then clearly communicate how that can be accomplished.
- Demonstrate excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Be a fast learner and have a passion for sales and marketing.
- Have the ability to cultivate professional, trusted relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate creativity and a willingness to solve problems where there is no pat answer.
- Be internally motivated, driven and goal-oriented.
- Demonstrate empathy for clients, team members, etc.
- Be optimistic and take the attitude that most problems can be solved.
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint culture.
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience selling integrated marketing and/or web services
- Experience in – or selling to – higher education
- Experience evaluating and thoughtfully responding to RFPs
Commensurate with experience.
What We Are Like Here at VisionPoint
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.
Do you think you are the perfect fit? If so, please click here to send us your resume along with a thoughtful, well-crafted cover letter telling us why you belong on the VisionPoint team.
VisionPoint Marketing fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.