VisionPoint Marketing is a rapidly growing agency, recently ranked in the top 10 best employers in North Carolina. Our clients are higher education institutions of all sizes and missions from North Carolina State University in Raleigh to west-coast schools like UC Santa Barbara.
As part of our growth strategy, and in support of our vision to become the country’s most sought-after enrollment marketing solutions provider within higher-ed, we’re seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our team. This is a critical role within VisionPoint , helping to ideate, develop, and roll-out software products that support the company’s vision and strategy. We’re looking for someone with the proven ability to strategize the full lifecycle of software product production from conception through release.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an analytical mind, strong problem-solving skills, and deep product management experience to join the marketing agency world. The Product Manager will report to our Vice President of Innovation.
What You Will Do
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the unique needs and challenges of our clients within the higher-ed market; use this information to identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve client experience and drive growth for the agency
- Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Develop product strategy and translate this strategy into detailed requirements for product development
- Seek out and analyze potential partnerships from an ROI and build vs. buy perspective
- Conducts research and works collaboratively with leadership to develop product pricing and positioning strategies that differentiate VisionPoint and our products
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners and clients
- Drive the product scoping, business-planning process, and production timelines across cross-functional teams of the company
- Oversee and improve upon quality assurance processes, making sure that all deliverables are thoroughly documented, tested, and working appropriately
- Work with internal marketing and leadership teams to plan and facilitate product launches
- Lead the creation of go-to-market and promotional activities to ensure that they are consistent with product strategy, overall business strategy, and that the message is conveyed effectively to the appropriate audiences
- Develop regular and effective communication channels internally and externally to drive product growth and success
Experience and Education
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Product Design, or a related field
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Understanding of and experience utilizing product management methodologies, such as Pragmatic Marketing
- Demonstrable knowledge in marketing and advertising
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Experience with web analytics
- Functional knowledge of basic statistical analysis
- Excellence in written and verbal communication as well as listening skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to “work the problem”
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Demonstrate creativity and a willingness to solve problems where there is no pat answer.
- Be internally motivated, driven, goal-oriented and capable of managing your own workload against tight deadlines
- Demonstrate empathy for clients, team members, etc.
- Be optimistic and take the attitude that most problems can be solved.
- Experience in the higher-ed market
- Experience in an agency setting
- Product Management certification(s)
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with R and PHP
- Experience with Domo
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Commensurate with experience.
What We Are Like Here at VisionPoint
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.