As a client-facing, senior consultant within VisionPoint’s Integrated Marketing team, the Marketing Strategist leverages his/her significant experience in consulting, marketing and relationship management to establish the strategic direction for client projects and lead internal resources in producing amazing, on-strategy work that achieves measurable results, all while delivering outstanding service and building strong relationships at every level of the client’s organizational structure. The Marketing Strategist will be the accountable project lead for integrated marketing projects, leading cross-functional teams of digital marketing specialists, writers, designers, project coordinators, account managers, and research partners through every stage of marketing strategy development, branding, media planning and execution.
The best candidates will not only be passionate, engaged experts capable of leading teams to produce amazing, on-strategy work, but they will also be energized by client-facing consulting in a fast-paced agency setting, capable of building and growing relationships at every level of the client’s organizational structure.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As a senior and trusted advocate/advisor for assigned client accounts, ensure that all work helps clients achieve their targeted business goals and objectives.
- Author and lead the execution of strategies for large-scale integrated marketing projects.
- Establish and strengthen relationships at multiple levels within client organizations, from senior leadership to our day-to-day client contacts, identifying and following through on opportunities to grow our partnerships.
- Proactively and collaboratively address client concerns with the goal of achieving the best possible outcome.
- Lead and support Account Managers in managing the day-to-day interaction with clients and internal resources, helping to overcome obstacles and manage projects to budget, to timeline and to successful outcomes.
- Lead and support the Project Coordinator to ensure appropriate vendor management related to media buying and management.
- Prepare and deliver all major milestone presentations throughout the life of a project, including special presentations to client’s senior leadership.
Integrated Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Work with clients to understand and document detailed requirements that inform marketing strategies and media plans.
- Conceive and conduct research, interviews, surveys and analytics for insights that inform marketing strategies.
- Create marketing strategy briefs, media plans, measurement strategies, SEO strategies, reports and other deliverables relevant to client needs. You will receive training and support from other subject matter experts in the area of SEO, research, and analytics.
- Make critical decisions regarding clients’ marketing needs.
- Be passionate about all things marketing strategy and other areas of marketing innovation.
- Improve VisionPoint’s processes and enhance integrated marketing deliverables in an increasingly agile, collaborative environment.
- Act as a mentor to VisionPoint’s other integrated marketing team members.
- Support the Sales and Marketing team in discovery calls and pitch presentations with prospective clients when called upon.
- Represent VisionPoint at industry conferences as a speaker, either individually/alone or with a client as a subject matter expert.
- Continuously monitor the marketplace and offer thought leadership to VisionPoint and to clients on trends and relevant news/findings.
“I know I’m biased, but I think being a Marketing Strategist is one of the most exciting roles within our agency. Marketing Strategists, are given opportunities to work closely with leaders at institutions of all shapes and sizes from pitch to post-mortem, helping to analyze, diagnose and solve some of their most critical challenges. The role challenges you to be not only a Marketing Strategist but a thought leader in higher education, to wrestle not only with integrated marketing but also with student recruitment and alumni engagement. For a curious person who craves new challenges, there is nothing like being a Marketing Strategist at VisionPoint. Marketing Strategists also have opportunities to lead and collaborate with VisionPoint’s team of senior consultants and resources in executing our goal-driven strategies in ways that help clients achieve goals they otherwise wouldn’t have thought possible. You get to be a problem-solver, a change agent, a listener and a leader both within our agency and for our clients. It’s an incredibly challenging and rewarding career.”– Matt Walters, Vice President & Director of Account Services
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interest and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Journalism, Communications or relevant field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in account and client relationship management in marketing
- Experience with SEO, paid digital and traditional advertising, and analytics
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, listening and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor, poise and self-presentation
- Affinity for / comfortable with technology
- Critical thinker and ability to deliver high-caliber, strategic solutions
- Strong desire to lead and work with others in establishing and achieving common goals
- Impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to lead and delegate
- Strong customer relationship skills including the ability to secure, grow and retain accounts and to identify and solve potential risks and issues
- Quick learner and self-starter who pushes for results even when dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to work and manage stress in the midst of high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively plan, anticipate and take appropriate action in a proactive manner
- Not just the capacity but the desire to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills for a high volume of activities with varying priorities
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn while mentoring and educating others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel/spreadsheets and comfortable learning new software as needed. MS Project experience a plus.
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture.
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE ARE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
VisionPoint is honored to have been recognized as one of the top 10 employers in North Carolina for the past three years. At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.
If you think you’re a great fit, please click here to send us your resume along with a thoughtful, well-crafted cover letter telling us why you belong on the VisionPoint team.
VisionPoint Marketing fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.