VisionPoint Marketing is seeking an incredibly talented, strategic and creative Graphic Designer to join our team. The Graphic Designer is a creative thinker, able to translate business strategies and creative concepts into useful and delightful experiences across various types of media. At VisionPoint, Graphic Designers work alongside other designers, our Creative Director, teams of strategists, content developers and others in an environment that thrives on collaboration, yet expects accountability and ownership. Attention to detail and ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest quality standards is essential.
The ideal candidate will have an uncanny ability to balance both right-brain (highly creative and conceptual) and left-brain (insanely strategic and detail-oriented with a knack for understanding what drives client success) mentalities. Ultimately, our goal is to do outstanding work for clients who deserve nothing but our best … to get better and better as a team of creatives, and for each teammate to improve their own skills on an hourly basis.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Bring solid design skills (including a great appreciation of typography, design thinking and strong storytelling) to design branding projects, print collateral, and traditional media output
- Effectively balance multiple diverse projects, especially in the realm of higher education, which is our primary area of focus
- Work independently on design projects as well as collaborate with others in the creative department, including our Creative Director
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure a harmonious relationship between content, design and execution
- Present design drafts to internal teams, and sometimes directly to the client, for feedback/approval
- Participate and contribute to creative brainstorming sessions
- Diligently complete the administrative aspects of the job, including but not limited to: accurately logging hours, being prompt and prepared for meetings, etc.
- Be a self-starter, be more than willing help others and contribute to things that may fall outside of your official job description
- Stay up-to-date with new softwares/tools and industry developments
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interest and experience:
- An outstanding body of work demonstrated in an online portfolio
- B.S./B.A./B.F.A. in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Information Design or related field
- Ideally 3-7 years as a Graphic Designer, or work in a related field, but we won’t throw out a strong portfolio if this range does not apply
- Experience with brand, traditional and interactive design, collateral, ads, etc.
- Strong conceptual ability and originality
- An appreciation for, and love of typography, layout, branding systems and all things design-related
- Ability to design with the end user or target audience in mind
- Strong organizational skills with a pixel-level attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn
- Works well in a team environment
- A self-starter who takes on projects and finds the answers without needing to be pushed
- Comfortable with design facilitation, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Strong skills with relevant Adobe Suite tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Actively contributes to VisionPoint’s culture
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE ARE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
VisionPoint is honored to have been recognized as one of the top 10 employers in North Carolina for the past three years. At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.