Graphic Design Intern – Spring 2020
Who Are We Looking For?
VisionPoint is looking for a designer who appreciates well-thought out design and process, is passionate about learning and who pushes themselves to continually make better work—a fear of failure is unacceptable. If you are a strong collaborator who brings ideas and inspiration to the table, then you are at the right place.
What You’ll Do
Your day-to-day tasks will be determined with the VisionPoint team based on your interests and goals. Examples of specific intern projects include:
Assist the graphic design team (whether individually or in support of the design team) by/with:
- Designing for multiple medias, such as web, print, signage and environmental design (but mostly for web/online)
- Assisting the team in ideation and strategy
- Assisting the design team with day-to-day design tasks such as resizing ads and creating design assets for the web engineers
- Other duties as assigned
- An excellent understanding of typography
- A passion for new and interactive media
- Currently studying graphic design, interactive design, or other related field
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Works well in a collaborative environment, yet can also be self-directed and proactive
- A portfolio that shows a strong understanding of conceptual thinking
- Ability to work on-site in our Raleigh office
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- A positive attitude
- Experience with Adobe Flash
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), HTML, CSS and/or maintaining a blog
- Active in the local design community
- Active on social media channels
Our Internship Program
The VisionPoint internship program is a 12-week program offered in Spring, Summer and Fall. The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are looking to gain experience in an agency setting. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to ensure your experience fits your career goals. Every intern in the program is assigned a mentor who will work with them to set goals and provide regular performance feedback. Interns receive a stipend of $2.50 per hour, and VisionPoint is happy to work with full-time students looking to get course credit for their internship.
Internships are available part-time or full-time. In order to truly immerse yourself in the VisionPoint work environment, we recommend that you spend at least 15-20 hours in our office each week.
VisionPoint Marketing believes that every intern has the potential to become a full-time VisionPoint employee following graduation.