Drupal/WordPress Developer – Contract Position
VisionPoint Marketing is a rapidly growing agency, recently ranked in the top 5 best employers in North Carolina. Our clients are higher education institutions of all sizes and missions, from schools like North Carolina State University in Raleigh to UC Santa Barbara on the west coast.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Developer for contract opportunities as they become available. Working with our Web Team, you’ll work with a wide-range of clients and a number of team members including Strategists, Information Architects, Designers, and Project Managers.
This contract position requires the skills to develop large, responsive, frontend website projects as well as full backend implementation projects in Drupal and/or WordPress.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build frontend-only websites as well as websites in Drupal 8,9 and WordPress
- Develop and implement landing pages (i.e enrollment marketing pages for higher ed clients), email templates and related web-based solutions.
- Write well-designed, efficient code by using best practices
- Test code for quality, WCAG accessibility and site speed
- Gather and refine client specifications and requirements
- Collaborate with our designers to match visual design intent
- Proactively recognize problems and develop creative solutions from the strategy phase of a project through launch
- Create and maintain technical documentation
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- A minimum of 4 years experience in web development, preferably in an agency or team setting
- Please provide link to your portfolio, Github, CodePen or any other examples of work
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors, preferably SASS
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation and frontend libraries such as React, Vue.js, or Ember
- Deep experience with Drupal 7, Drupal 8 and/or WordPress. Knowledge in both CMS development (i.e. theming and custom module/plugin development) and administration/configuration of CMS core, plugins, and modules.
- Comfortable with version control through Git
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Excellent client and team communication skills and demonstrated time management abilities.
- Ability to present facts clearly and concisely in both oral and written form.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with diverse staff across units and remote environments.
- Ability to work with management at all levels in planning and implementing solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
- Involvement in Drupal or WordPress communities or other open-source community
- Ability to integrate data from various back-end services and 3rd party APIs
- Knowledge or experience with agile software development methodology
- An understanding of site speed best practices
- Ability to identify opportunities for reusable code for our code repository and ensure the high quality creation of the code
- A high-level understanding of SEO, social media and online marketing tactics
- Experience using web analytics data to inform decisions
- Ability to grasp client goals and contribute to project strategies and plans