Director of Project Management
VisionPoint Marketing is seeking a Project Management maven to lead our newly formed and growing project management team as the Director of Project Management. Building strong partnerships across multi-disciplinary teams, the Director is ultimately accountable for being a champion for great work, leading great people and balancing the perfect alignment of superior consultation with business goals. The Director will create and implement consistent, quality processes for project management that deliver exceptional work on time, on budget and on strategy, serving clients who are not only satisfied but ecstatic about the quality of our deliverables and partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with proven project management and leadership skills within an agency environment to step in and develop the team and its processes to help the organization run at peak efficiency. The Director will be our eye in the sky over all of our projects ensuring they are running smoothly and soundly under the care of our attentive project managers, while also managing a small portfolio of their own complex projects. The Director of Project Management will report directly to the Vice President of Client Services and will work closely with our Controller to ensure financial and KPI alignment, planning and resource utilization.
What You’ll Do
- Provide forward-thinking leadership on people planning, project profitability, cross-team process implementation and other operational functions
- Optimizing our approach to project management, including status reports, vendor management, budgeting, people-sourcing and project tracking
- Cast a vision and set measurable project completion goals for the Project Management team (in relationship to the larger company vision / goals) and lead the team to accomplish those goals.
- Define and implement KPIs within the Project Management team to clearly define and meet success metrics for Project Managers
- Lead weekly team meetings to identify, discuss and solve team issues.
- Lead the recruiting, hiring and training process for new Project Managers.
- Manage the individual growth, professional development and performance of each direct report.
- Actively support direct reports by mentoring, problem-solving, overcoming obstacles and serving as a first-level escalation point for helping to resolve project issues.
- Actively participate in identifying, raising and solving company-wide issues in pursuit of our vision and goals.
- Working with clients and internal teams to set and exceed client expectations, while producing consistently exceptional deliverables
- Oversee the continuous improvement, development and implementation of project management and operational processes to drive more efficient production, smoother collaboration, and clearer communication between our team and our clients to ensure the highest quality work.
- Mentor and manage Project Managers to remain accountable to successfully and consistently follow established processes.
- Ensure healthy and efficient people-sourcing across projects.
- Manage the financial profitability of projects by closely monitoring project KPIs as established through team and company-wide metrics.
- Own, improve and train others on the use of our project management software and other tools to manage the company’s cross-functional production across our full breadth of projects.
- Lead cross-functional company meetings on a weekly basis to ensure Project Managers, Account Managers, Account Directors, Strategists, Team Leads and SMEs are prepared to manage and execute on productive priorities across the full breadth of VisionPoint’s active projects.
- Calmly troubleshoot issues, anticipate challenges and define solutions for all internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute as a subject matter expert in strengthening and executing the company’s cross-functional processes.
- Manage a small portfolio of especially complex or strategically challenging projects, thereby contributing directly to our clients’ success while demonstrating the company’s standard for exceptional project management.
Are you a perfect fit?
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interests and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- A minimum 7+ years of project management experience in an agency setting, with 2+ years of supervisory management experience of a team of direct reports.
- Expert project manager with proven success managing multidisciplinary, complex projects in a marketing, technical and/or creative context. Project management certifications are preferred.
- Experience interfacing with both clients and internal teams to ensure proper expectations are set and the project is successful for both parties
- Demonstrate solid leadership, confidence and teamwork, with expert-level decision-making skills. Ability to motivate and manage others to achieve measurable goals.
- Experience with Mavenlink a huge plus
- Exceptional communication skills (including written, conversational, and verbal presentation skills).
- Process-oriented leader with ability to recognize and solve not just individual challenges but systemic issues through process improvement.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and in high-pressure situations at a fast pace.
- Ability to manage stress and to manage others who are carrying heavy loads.
- Willingness to simultaneously tackle multiple projects and challenges
- Good sense of humor and an encouraging supporter of people
- Positive attitude with healthy realism.
- Embodies and fosters VisionPoints (our values).