Digital Marketing Intern – Summer 2020
VisionPoint Marketing is a full service marketing agency based in Raleigh, NC, specializing in higher education marketing consultation and execution. We serve universities, colleges and community colleges across the country to help them achieve their branding, enrollment, communication and fundraising goals. Our portfolio consists of award-winning branding, marketing and web design campaigns – work we’re invited to share every year at national conferences.
Who Are We Looking For?
VisionPoint is seeking an analytical, well-organized and passionate digital marketing intern to join our team. Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys organizing and analyzing data and has a strong interest in all things related to digital marketing. As a member of VisionPoint’s Integrated Marketing team, the digital marketing intern will have the opportunity to be involved in the management of various digital marketing campaigns and receive valuable on-the-job-training in an agency environment.
- Clear, concise and effective written communication skills
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a small, collaborative team environment
- A knack for multitasking
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or Google Adwords
- Knowledge of PPC, email marketing, paid social media advertising, or other digital marketing channels
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS) or HTML
- Experience writing/maintaining a blog
- Experience managing a social media campaign
- Experience with social media monitoring tools (Hootsuite, Argyle, TweetDeck, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic SEO best practices
What You’ll Do
A digital marketing intern’s day is full of hands-on tasks related to integrated marketing. Your day-to-day tasks will be determined with the VisionPoint team based on your interests and goals. Examples of specific intern projects may include:
- Assisting in the development of digital and traditional media plans
- Assisting in the execution of various digital marketing campaigns including,
- Email marketing campaigns
- Reviewing, analyzing and writing reports on campaign performance
- Participating in strategy brainstorms
- Researching and blogging about hot topics in higher education marketing
- Contributing to proposals for new client projects
- Managing project timelines
Our Internship Program
The VisionPoint internship program is a 12-week program offered in Spring, Summer and Fall. The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are looking to gain experience in an agency setting. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to ensure your experience fits your career goals. Every intern in the program is assigned a mentor who will work with them to set goals and provide regular performance feedback. Interns receive a stipend of $100 for every 40 hours worked, and VisionPoint is happy to work with full-time students looking to get course credit for their internship.
Internships are available part-time or full-time. In order to truly immerse yourself in the VisionPoint work environment, we recommend that you spend at least 15-20 hours in our office each week.
VisionPoint Marketing believes that every intern has the potential to become a full-time VisionPoint employee following graduation.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be a VisionPoint intern? Check out what past interns have had to say about their experiences on our blog.