Data Analyst Intern – Summer 2021
VisionPoint Marketing is a full service marketing agency based in Raleigh, NC, specializing in higher education marketing consultation and execution. We serve universities, colleges and community colleges across the country to help them achieve their branding, enrollment, and communication goals. Our portfolio consists of award-winning branding, marketing and web design campaigns – work we’re invited to share every year at national conferences. Please note that this internship may be remote due to the ongoing affects of COVID.
Who Are We Looking For?
VisionPoint is seeking a motivated, well-organized and passionate intern to join our team. Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in settings that require them to learn and grow and who is not afraid to take initiative. As a member of VisionPoint’s Integrated Marketing team, the marketing intern will dive into all aspects of the VisionPoint process, gaining hands-on experience in an agency setting.
- Clear, concise and effective written communication skills
- Experience working with one or more tools like Python, R, or SAS
- Strong knowledge of statistics
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a small, collaborative team environment
- A knack for multitasking
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with R
- Experience building and implementing predictive models
- Basic SQL skills used to extract data from various database sources
- Basic understanding of marketing practices and concepts
What You’ll Do
Your day-to-day tasks will be determined with the VisionPoint team based on your interests and goals. Examples of specific projects include:
- Work with multiple datasets to extract insights
- Prepare data for modeling
- Communicate any insights or findings identified within data
- Assist the Marketing & Media Analysts in building and implementing statistical models
Our Internship Program
The VisionPoint internship program is a 12-week program offered in Spring, Summer and Fall. The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are looking to gain experience in an agency setting. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to ensure your experience fits your career goals. Every intern in the program is assigned a mentor who will work with them to set goals and provide regular performance feedback. Interns receive a stipend of $100 for every 40 hours worked, and VisionPoint is happy to work with full-time students looking to get course credit for their internship.
Internships are available part-time or full-time. In order to truly immerse yourself in the VisionPoint work environment, we recommend that you spend at least 15-20 hours in our office each week.
VisionPoint Marketing believes that every intern has the potential to become a full-time VisionPoint employee following graduation.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be a VisionPoint intern? Check out what past interns have had to say about their experiences on our blog.