The body: VisionPoint Marketing is a full-service marketing agency.
The soul: We’re a band of creative types and analysts, feelers and thinkers, hearts and brains all working together to serve the incredibly consequential, life-changing industry of higher education.
We’re looking for a Copywriter or Senior Copywriter to join our already fabulous team.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Creative Team (CD, Copywriters, Designers) and Strategists to develop and execute thoughtful, strategic and effective creative concepts, campaigns and brands.
- Ensure the highest quality, craft and implementation of all creative work.
- Present concepts and deliverables to clients.
- Collaborate with the Integrated Marketing team to ensure quality and strategic placement of creative deliverables.
- Work with the Creative Director to continue to form the vision for the growing Creative Team and to contribute to improvements in process for creating outstanding work.
- Represent VisionPoint in the local and national creative and higher ed communities.
- Stay current and future-forward on creative and industry trends.
- Possibly represent the company in new client pitches, contributing to the creation of the pitches themselves.
- Possibly present our work and knowledge leadership at industry conferences.
- Work with partner-creatives (photographers, videographers), providing a clear vision and direction.
- Show integrity at all times. Have empathy for teammates and clients. Be a source of inspiration for the Creative Team, the company as a whole, our clients and the community. Actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture.
Experience, Skills and Education
- A strong portfolio of work, including ad campaign (sketches and/or illustration of thought and creative process a BIG plus … we want to see how you work, not just the end-product).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in advertising or similar (design, marketing, etc.) agency. We’re willing to accept less experienced folks, but the quality of work must outweigh the lack of experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree (BFA in Advertising/Design/Communications) or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to keep up with administrative responsibilities (timer, documentation, internal communications, internal initiatives, etc.) and thrive under tight deadlines.
- Must possess sharp listening skills and the ability to hear feedback and respond without taking it personally (thin-skinned primadonnas need not apply).
- Able to create for traditional media and digital experiences.
This position reports to the Creative Director.
It is our strong desire to have this person on-site in our Raleigh, NC location.
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE’RE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.
VisionPoint has been in a very healthy growth mode for quite some time and will continue on that trajectory. We’re looking for some folks who will grow with us, bring their own perspectives and help do really important and inspiring work for a really important and inspiring industry.