Content Writer & Strategist
VisionPoint Marketing is searching for an experienced, gifted storyteller who loves to write, with a knack for content strategy to join our team full-time as a Content Strategist and Writer. This position is part of VisionPoint’s growing Integrated Strategy team and reports directly to the Vice President of Integrated Strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide content strategy consultation to higher education enrollment marketing clients
- Provide strategic direction for and manage the development and roll-out of interactive, video, photography, and other content assets.
- Write compelling content to inform, evoke emotional response and drive audience action. Write lead nurturing email campaigns, organic social media posts, long- and short-form web content, articles, white papers, ebooks, videos, webinars, and more.
- Manage content distribution to online channels and platforms to increase web traffic.
- Generate new storytelling to draw the attention of target audiences.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in marketing strategy, content development, best practices, and applicable resources from in and outside our industry.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, qualities and experience:
- Have 5+ years of experience in strategic marketing content development
- Earned (minimally) a four-year bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business, liberal arts or other applicable course of study.
- Write with a colorful, journalistic style to inspire audiences to explore, engage and commit.
- Create and manage content for websites, social media, email, traditional media and more.
- Relate to and understand diverse audiences. Develop content and strategies that address their needs.
- Organize, prioritize and complete multiple simultaneous writing assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Uncanny attention to detail and strong command of grammar.
- Working in or marketing higher education.
- Creating overarching content strategies that integrate with brand, media, web, social media, lead nurturing and other marketing strategies.
- Creating and publishing content that adheres to inbound/SEO best practices
- Creatively using keywords to create highly optimized, engaging content.
- Shaping reports on content effectiveness and providing recommendations to guide content solutions.
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE’RE LIKE
At VisionPoint, 100% of our clients are higher education institutions. We are wholeheartedly committed to this industry because of its power to transform the world.
We believe a strong culture is as valued as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with—and contribute to—our culture. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have fun, too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.
Our communication, collaboration, satisfaction and growth are largely dependent upon whether we, as individuals, embrace and live out our values.
- Thoughtful and strategic—A reason for every decision.
- Solutions-driven and persistent—Work the problem.
- Growth-oriented—Level up.
- Accountable—It starts with you.
- Direct and straightforward—Feedback is a gift.
- Selfless and empathetic—Work hard to understand and value others’ perspectives.
VisionPoint Marketing fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.