Associate Creative Director
The body: VisionPoint Marketing is a full-service marketing agency.
The soul: We’re a band of creative types and analysts, feelers and thinkers, hearts and brains all working together to serve the incredibly consequential, life-changing industry of higher education.
Tired of selling one brand of potato chips, soda, beer, etc. over another? Want to put your skills toward something that matters? Drop us a line.
We’re looking for an Associate Creative Director or possibly a rising star Senior Art Director.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with the Creative Team (CD, Copywriters, Designers) and Strategists to develop and execute thoughtful, strategic and effective creative concepts, campaigns and brands.
- Collaborate with, mentor and direct the Creative Team with the goal of producing the best work possible.
- Understand the unique situations and overarching brand of our clients to be able to tell their story in an authentic, impactful and effective way.
- Ensure the quality, craft and implementation of all creative work.
- Present concepts and deliverables to clients.
- Consult with the Integrated Marketing team to ensure quality and strategic placement of creative deliverables.
- Work with partner-creatives (photographers, videographers), providing a clear vision and direction.
- Work with the Creative Director to continue to form the vision for the growing Creative Team and to refine processes for creating outstanding work.
- Represent VisionPoint in the local and national creative and higher ed communities.
- Stay current and future-forward on creative and industry trends.
- Represent the company in new client pitches, contributing to the creation of the pitches themselves.
- Present our work and knowledge leadership at industry conferences.
- Show integrity at all times. Have empathy for teammates and clients. Be a source of inspiration for the Creative Team, the company as a whole, our clients and the community. Actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- A strong portfolio of work, including ad campaigns (sketches and/or illustration of thought and creative process a big plus).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in advertising or similar (design, marketing, etc.) agency.
- A Bachelor’s degree (BFA in Advertising/Design/Communications) or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work with the tools of the trade (Adobe Creative Suite, etc.).
- Must be able to keep up with administrative responsibilities (timer, documentation, internal communications, internal initiatives, etc.) and thrive under tight deadlines.
- Must possess sharp listening skills and the ability to hear feedback and respond without taking it personally (thin-skinned primadonnas need not apply).
- Able to create for traditional media and digital experiences.
This position reports to the Creative Director.
It is our strong desire to have this person on-site in our Raleigh, NC location.
VisionPoint been in a very healthy growth mode for quite some time and will continue on that trajectory. We’re looking for some folks who will grow with us, bring their own perspectives and help do really important and inspiring work for an industry that really needs it.
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE’RE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.
If you think you’re a great fit, please click here to send us your resume and portfolio along with a thoughtful, well-crafted cover letter telling us why you belong on the VisionPoint team.
VisionPoint Marketing fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.