Account Services Intern – Summer 2021
VisionPoint Marketing is a full service marketing agency based in Raleigh, NC, specializing in higher education marketing consultation and execution. We serve universities, colleges and community colleges across the country to help them achieve their branding, enrollment, and communication goals. Our portfolio consists of award-winning branding, marketing and web design campaigns – work we’re invited to share every year at national conferences. Please note that this internship will likely be fully remote, given the ongoing effects of COVID.
Who Are We Looking For?
VisionPoint is seeking a motivated, well-organized and passionate marketing intern to join our Account Services team. Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in settings that require them to learn and grow and who is not afraid to take initiative. Given the opportunity to work in collaboration with many teams, project management interns will dive into all aspects of the VisionPoint process, gaining hands-on experience in an agency setting.
What You’ll Do
An Account Services Intern’s day is full of hands-on tasks in integrated marketing, branding, website design and development, and online and traditional advertising. Your day-to-day tasks will be determined with the VisionPoint team based on your interests and goals. Examples of specific intern projects include:
- Assisting in the development of digital and traditional media plans
- Assisting in the execution of various digital marketing campaigns including,
- Email marketing campaigns
- Managing project timelines
- Reviewing, analyzing and writing reports on campaign performance
- Participating in brand strategy brainstorms
- Researching and blogging about hot topics in higher education marketing
- Contributing to proposals for new client projects
- Strategizing website information architecture and contributing to the creation of sitemaps and wireframes
- Analyzing user testing footage and crafting reports for clients
- Conducting website quality assurance
- Clear, concise and effective written communication skills
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a small, collaborative team environment
- A knack for multitasking
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS) or HTML
- Experience writing/maintaining a blog
- Experience managing a social media campaign
- Experience with social media monitoring tools (Hootsuite, Argyle, TweetDeck, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic SEO best practices
Our Internship Program
The VisionPoint internship program is a 12-week program offered in Spring, Summer and Fall. The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are looking to gain experience in an agency setting. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to ensure your experience fits your career goals. Every intern in the program is assigned a mentor who will work with them to set goals and provide regular performance feedback. Interns receive a stipend of $2.50 per hour, and VisionPoint is happy to work with full-time students looking to get course credit for their internship.
Internships are available part-time or full-time. In order to truly immerse yourself in the VisionPoint work environment, we recommend that you spend at least 15-20 hours in our office each week.
VisionPoint Marketing believes that every intern has the potential to become a full-time VisionPoint employee following graduation.