VisionPoint Marketing is looking for an experienced, passionate project leader to join our growing Client Services team as an Account Manager. As the consultative liaison between the agency and our clients, Account Managers work under the direction of Account Directors and Strategists to help establish the strategic vision for their projects, and then leverage their marketing experience and leadership ability to direct the day-to-day execution of those strategies across VisionPoint’s offerings, all while delivering outstanding service and building strong relationships with clients and project teams alike. As the primary point of contact for their assigned clients, our Account Managers play a key role in supporting our pursuit of 100% raving fan clients.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Have or quickly acquire a thorough understanding of VisionPoint’s offerings, resources and processes and be able to articulate them persuasively to prospects and customers
- Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned accounts, ensuring that all work helps clients achieve their targeted business goals and objectives
- Build strong relationships with clients through active consultation, direct and straightforward communication, and a willingness to meet and overcome challenges head-on.
- Lead weekly client status meetings and contribute discussion items, stated priorities, points of negotiation, etc. to written progress reports.
- Keep a close watch on campaigns’ performance in order to anticipate clients’ questions and feedback, surface potential issues, suggest possible optimizations, and challenge the campaign managers to pursue benchmark-beating results.
- Continually communicate and align with Project Manager to ensure deliverables and timeline are meeting client’s needs and expectations
- Support the Account Director in establishing and strengthening relationships at multiple levels within client organizations, identifying opportunities to expand business with existing clients, and actively pursuing client renewals.
- Proactively address client concerns including following up and collaborating until the best outcome is achieved
- Consistently monitor the marketplace and provide updates to client and agency on trends and relevant news/findings
- Help to guide and review internal project teams’ day-to-day work to ensure the quality is exceptional and in line with the clients needs, hopes and expectations; represent the perspective of the client internally
- In sharing work with clients, negotiate the consultative “middle ground” between representing, interpreting, and advocating for our team’s perspective as we advise and consult, while also representing, interpreting, and advocating for our client’s perspective to our internal team; work to ensure both sides are heard, understood, and well aligned in the end
- Communicate with all VisionPointers regarding issues within our company and within client organizations
- Collaborate with Project Manager to ensure project requirements, decisions and/or objectives are documented
ARE YOU A PERFECT FIT?
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interest and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Journalism, Communications, English or relevant field
- 1+ years of account management and/or marketing experience
- Outstanding oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor, poise and appearance
- Tech-savvy with natural problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to be a team player and work with others toward common goals
- Impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to delegate as needed
- Strong customer relationship skills including the ability to penetrate, grow and retain accounts, build relationships and quickly identify and address potential risks and issues
- Quick learner and self-starter who pushes for results even when dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to effectively plan, anticipate and take appropriate action in a proactive manner
- The capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills for a high volume of activities with varying priorities
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or the Google Drive Suite, especially Excel/Sheets. Comfortable learning new software as needed. Mavenlink experience a plus.
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE ARE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.
VisionPoint Marketing fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.