We are looking for a skilled sales professional to be an account executive who helps grow our client base and, in turn, our positive impact within the higher education industry. This account executive will seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential clients within the higher education space and positioning VisionPoint’s solution suite of services and products to meet their needs.
We’re looking for someone with experience developing and nurturing prospect leads and meeting quotas. This role will require excellent communication skills to cultivate strong relationships from first contact through project initiation. This includes providing proper service through the point of project handoff to our client services team. If you are self-motivated, results-driven, and have a strong knowledge of the higher ed sector, we’d like to meet you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our company and solutions to potential clients
- Conduct discovery calls to identify client needs and suggest appropriate solutions from VisionPoint’s suite of products and services
- Customize product and service solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term, trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Attend conferences and represent VisionPoint
- Report to the Director of Strategic Partnerships on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with developments within the higher education industry
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Proven work experience as a Account Executive, Business Development Representative or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (Hubspot experience is a plus)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE ARE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.