Senior Web Developer
Posted: January 18, 2022
VisionPoint Marketing is a rapidly growing agency, consistently ranked in the top 10 best employers in North Carolina. Our clients are higher education institutions of all sizes and missions from small community colleges to statewide university systems.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Senior Web Developer to add to our growing team. As a member of the Web Team, you’ll work with a wide-range of clients and a number of team members including Strategists, Information Architects, Designers, and Project Managers. This position will report to the Vice President of Digital Experience & Analytics.
This role requires the skills to develop large, responsive, frontend website projects as well as full implementation of sites, solutions, and products in WordPress. The Senior Web Developer will also build and support web solutions and products using technologies such as React and Laravel. Daily tasks also include development consulting during all phases of a project, supporting internal initiatives and executing tasks within the developer’s personal growth plan. The Web Developer must be capable of both leading and supporting the development efforts for large website projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build web solutions in various formats including:
- frontend-only websites.
- custom solutions/programming.
- products in WordPress and technologies such as React.
- Gather and refine client specifications and requirements.
- Write well-designed, efficient code by using best practices.
- Develop and implement landing pages (i.e enrollment marketing pages for higher ed clients), email templates and related web-based solutions.
- Assist in development of Visionpoint’s web framework (our internal rapid build web solution), focusing on innovation, efficiency, and cost/ time savings.
- Test code for quality, WCAG accessibility and site speed.
- Collaborate with internal team members including, designers, developers, strategists, account directors, project managers, and actively participate in agile project management meetings.
- Proactively recognize problems and develop creative solutions from the strategy phase of a project through launch.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into VisionPoint’s operations, processes and activities.
- Help in development standards, processes, and procedures to drive consistency across delivery and ensure these standards are adhered to across all projects.
- Assist in strategic sales efforts (including project scoping) from a technical perspective.
- Train clients and cross-organizational staff on administering and managing web solutions and products.
- Practices and advises on problem-solving in scripting, performance, and optimization of projects.
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- A minimum of 4 years experience in web development, preferably in an agency or team setting.
- Please provide a link to your portfolio, Github, CodePen or any other examples of work.
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors, preferably SASS.
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Deep experience with WordPress CMS development (i.e. theming and custom module/plugin development) and administration/configuration of CMS core, plugins, and modules.
- Experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP Stack) and associated command line tools.
- Comfortable with version control through Git.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.2 accessibility standards.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work, collaborate, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Excellent client and team communication skills and demonstrated time management abilities.
- Ability to present facts clearly and concisely in both oral and written form.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Ability to integrate data from various back-end services and 3rd party APIs.
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, and RDS.
- Knowledge or experience with agile software development methodology.
- Knowledge or experience with Laravel framework.
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE’RE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, unlimited PTO and 401k with company match. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction, and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. While we share a common set of values, we also are firm believers in the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we’re committed to making VisionPoint, as well as the higher-education industry, better by bringing diverse perspectives, experience, and beliefs to the table.
In short, we believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard, and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.
VisionPoint Marketing fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit visonpointmarketing.applytojob.com.