VisionPoint Marketing is looking for an experienced Web Strategist to join our growing team. Candidates must have deep, proven experience leading teams through strategic web and/or software development projects in an agency, higher education or enterprise setting. Deep subject matter expertise in information architecture, user-experience (UX), user-interface (UI) design, and/or front-end web development is a must.
As a client-facing strategic consultant within VisionPoint’s web strategy group, the Web Strategist will be the accountable project lead for website redesign projects, leading cross-functional teams of information architects, designers, developers and CMS implementation partners through every stage of comprehensive website redesign projects, from the earliest sales pitch to strategy, IA, design, development, launch, site governance and ongoing maintenance.
The best candidates will not only be passionate, engaged experts capable of leading teams to produce amazing, on-strategy work, but they will also be energized by client-facing consulting in a fast-paced agency setting, capable of building and growing relationships at every level of the client’s organizational structure.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As a senior and trusted advocate/advisor for assigned client accounts, ensure that all work helps clients achieve their targeted business goals and objectives.
- Develop and lead the execution of strategies for large-scale website design and development projects.
- Establish and strengthen relationships at multiple levels within client organizations, from senior leadership to our day-to-day client contacts, identifying and following through on opportunities to grow our partnerships.
- Proactively and collaboratively address client concerns with the goal of achieving the best possible outcome.
- Lead and support Account Managers in managing the day-to-day interaction with clients and internal resources, helping to overcome obstacles and manage projects to budget, to timeline and to successful outcomes.
- Prepare and deliver all major milestone presentations throughout the life of a project, including special presentations to client’s senior leadership.
- Define the UX vision and create UX strategies to solve for client needs.
- Work with clients to understand and document detailed requirements that inform complete user experiences.
- Conceive and conduct user research, interviews, surveys and analytics / site performance reviews for insights that inform sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes.
- Implement user-centered design and usability; resolve any UX/UI issues that may arise
- Lead a team of information architects, designers and developers to create engaging, user-friendly websites for our clients.
- Make critical decisions regarding clients’ site structures and on-page content, ensuring that end users can easily find the content they need.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Stay current on emerging web technologies, design trends, social media, and UX techniques.
- Improve VisionPoint’s processes and enhance UX deliverables in an increasingly agile, collaborative environment.
- Act as a mentor to VisionPoint’s other Information Architect(s) and/or web designers (at this time the Web Strategist does not oversee any direct reports).
Support the Strategic Partnerships team in discovery calls and pitch presentations with prospective clients.
Represent VisionPoint at industry conferences as a speaker alone or with a client as a subject matter expert.
Continuously monitor the marketplace and offer thought leadership to VisionPoint and to clients on trends and relevant news/findings.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interest and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Communications, Web Design, Computer Science, or relevant field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in UX strategy, with minimum of 3+ years in a leadership and/or account direction/management capacity. Preference given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Strong grasp of user behavior and a sense of empathy for audience
- Extensive experience in information design and user scenarios
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, listening and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor, poise and self-presentation
- Critical thinker and ability to deliver high-caliber, strategic solutions
- Ability to lead and delegate
- Strong customer relationship skills including the ability to secure, grow and retain accounts and to identify and solve potential risks and issues
- Not just the capacity but the desire to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn while mentoring and educating others
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE ARE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.
If you think you’re the perfect fit, please click here to send us your resume along with a thoughtful, well-crafted cover letter telling us why you belong on the VisionPoint team.