VisionPoint Marketing is a rapidly growing agency, recently ranked in the top 5 best employers in North Carolina. Our clients are higher education institutions of all sizes and missions, from schools like North Carolina State University in Raleigh to UC Santa Barbara on the west coast.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Web Developer to add to our growing team. As a member of the Tech Team, you’ll work with a wide-range of clients and a number of team members including Strategists, Information Architects, Designers, and Account Managers. This position will report to the Director of Technical Strategy.
The majority of the Web Developer’s job will include the development of large, responsive, front-end only website projects as well as full backend implementation projects on a CMS such as Drupal and WordPress. Daily tasks may also include, but are not limited to, development consulting during all phases of a website project, supporting internal initiatives and executing tasks within the developer’s personal growth plan. The Web Developer must be capable of both leading and supporting the development efforts for large website projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Write well designed, efficient code by using best practices for website development
- Test code for quality, WCAG accessibility and site speed
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on the technical needs of our higher-ed clients
- Collaborate with our designers to match visual design intent
- Proactively recognize problems and develop creative solutions from the strategy phase of a project through development and launch
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to VisionPoint’s operations and activities
- Track and identify new opportunities to improve processes
- Assist in strategic sales efforts (including project scoping) from a technical perspective
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to our clients
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- A minimum of 3 years experience in web development, preferably in an agency or team setting
- Please provide link to your portfolio, Github, CodePen or any other examples of work with your application
- In-depth knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors, preferably SASS
- Comfortable with version control through Git
- Experience with Drupal 7 and 8
- Experience with WordPress
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Ability to grasp client goals and contribute to project strategies and plans
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Near mastery of Drupal 7 with experience in 8
- Involvement in Drupal community or other open-source community
- Drupal certification
- Proficiency with additional content management systems
- Ability to integrate data from various back-end services and 3rd party APIs
- Experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP Stack) and associated command line tools
- Knowledge or experience with agile software development methodology
- Experience with front-end libraries such as React, Vue.js, or Ember
- An understanding of site speed best practices
- Ability to identify opportunities for reusable code for our code repository and ensure the high-quality creation of the code
- A high-level understanding of SEO, social media and online marketing tactics
- Experience using web analytics data to inform decisions
Commensurate with experience.
If you think you’re a great fit, please click here to send us your resume along with a thoughtful, well-crafted cover letter telling us why you belong on the VisionPoint team.
WHAT WE’RE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.