VisionPoint Marketing is looking for a Junior Web Developer to join our growing team. As a member of the Tech Team, you’ll work with a wide-range of clients and a number of team members including Web Strategists, Information Architects, Designers, and Account Managers. This position will report to the Director of Technical Strategy.
The majority of the Junior Web Developer’s job will include supporting the development of large, responsive, front-end only website projects as well as implementation in WordPress, Drupal 7 and 8. Tasks will also include accessibility and quality assurance testing, supporting internal initiatives and executing tasks within the developer’s professional growth plan.
We are looking for a detail-oriented team member with strong communication skills who has the capability to learn quickly and multitask while staying on timeline and delivering quality work.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Write well-designed, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Test code for quality, accessibility and site speed
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on the technical needs of our higher-ed clients
- Clearly document code throughout the development of a project
- Collaborate with our designers to match visual design intent
- Proactively recognize problems and develop creative solutions from the strategy phase of a project through development and launch
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into VisionPoint’s operations
- Track and identify new opportunities to improve processes
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to our clients
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interest and experience:
- A minimum of one year of experience in web development, preferably in an agency or team setting
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of HTML5/CSS3/JS and ability to create website layouts
- Some content management system experience
- Problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Desire and demonstrated ability to thrive within a team environment
- Passion to deliver work that’s excellent and efficient
- Thirst for knowledge and passion to learn and grow in your area of expertise
- Sense of ownership and accountability to the goals, the client and the team
- Willingness to actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture and embody our values
- Please provide link to your portfolio, Github, CodePen or any other examples of work
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors, preferably SASS
- Drupal 7 and 8 experience
- WordPress Experience
- Comfortable with version control through Git
- Ability to integrate data from various back-end services and 3rd party APIs
- Experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP Stack) and associated command line tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Knowledge of accessibility standards
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE’RE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.
If you think you’re a great fit, please click here to send us your resume along with a thoughtful, well-crafted cover letter telling us why you belong on the VisionPoint team.