What You’ll Do
VisionPoint Marketing is searching for an exceptional writer and gifted storyteller to join our Raleigh-based team full-time as a Content Developer and Strategist. As with any VisionPoint role, that title is as limiting as it is descriptive. Lead Storyteller, Chief Poetics Officer, Content Craftsman or, quite simply, Writer – any of these titles works just as well. Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who’s more excited by their craft than by their title, someone who’s as capable of shaping a long-term role in our dynamic, growing company as they are shaping meaning through clear, compelling content that sings.
While exceptional storytelling is a must, our ideal candidate has a keen grasp of the rhetorical situation – audience, moment, message and purpose. Coy, clever headlines and copy for the sake of being coy and clever just won't do. S/he knows that effective content achieves clients’ goals by reaching and resonating with audiences, motivating them to take meaningful action. S/he is a master at creating and executing cross-channel digital content strategies that use language, video, photography and illustration to tell resonant stories in compelling ways. At the same time, s/he can write clear long-form prose that compels even “non-readers” from paragraph to paragraph, writing everything from feature stories to functional requirements in ways that address the “why” as much as the “what.”
In this position, you’ll report to the Vice President and Creative Director and work with a range of other VisionPointers by:
- Creating and implementing strategies that inform the development of content for client and internal projects, campaigns and integrated marketing plans
- Leading and contributing to improve the content strategy and development process by conducting content audits, defining gaps, developing goals-based strategies, identifying and defining target audience groups, creating abstracts and outlines, developing content, providing direction, editing content, distributing content, etc.
- Creating effective content solutions across a variety of platforms including web, email, social media, blogs, print collateral and more
- Contributing to the strategic development of Information Architecture, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and other content-driven elements of our core offerings
- Effectively leading content strategy for multiple client projects and assignments at a time with keen attention to detail within each
- Contributing to VisionPoint written proposals, pitch presentations and nurturing activities as part of VisionPoint’s sales and business development processes
- In addition to serving as the lead content resource on client-facing teams, serve as a resource and strategist in the creation of content that serves VisionPoint’s internal marketing vision and goals, under direction from the Director of Marketing
- Working directly with clients, internal and external teams, vendors and other stakeholders to create, track and manage content estimates, timelines and milestones
- Work proactively as well as independently on content projects
- Collaborating with team members, clients and others to ensure a harmonious relationship between content, design and development
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interests and experience:
- Three or more years of experience in content strategy creation and content development
- Experience in developing interactive content, managing and creating content for websites, social media and traditional media
- Able to play a leadership role in developing strategies that are designed to help achieve client goals
- Familiarity with creating content solutions for a variety of user experiences including online, mobile, email, social media, blogs and more
- Able to relate to and understand a variety of audiences and develop content and strategies that address the needs to these audiences and personas
- Experience crafting effective headlines, messaging strategies, themes, triggers and value propositions
- A high-level understanding of SEO, social media and online marketing tactics
- Extremely well-spoken, presentable and articulate; able to interview subject matter experts and present ideas to clients in a professional manner
- Minimally a four-year bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business or other applicable course of study
- Process-oriented, uncanny attention to detail and strong command of grammar and the written word
- Experience with Information Architecture
- Experience using web analytics data to inform decisions
- Storyboard and scripting for video storytelling
Are you a perfect fit?
The ideal candidate would possess the following personal qualities:
- Superb organizational and communication skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn
- Works well in a team environment
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture
Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position.
What we are like at VisionPoint
It is absolutely essential that VisionPoint finds a team member that fits into our culture and also embraces the same values. All VisionPointers actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture, communication, collaboration and growth. Please be sure to read about VisionPoint’s values and culture on our blog. We not only embrace, but fiercely defend our values and only desire other VisionPointers that want the same for themselves.
VisionPoint Marketing is a web marketing agency that helps colleges, universities and community colleges meet their admissions, branding, fundraising and communication goals. Our commitment to strategy, diverse understanding of all marketing disciplines and ability to build consensus across scores of stakeholders enables us to form deep, long-standing client relationships.
Do you think you are the perfect fit? If so, please send a well-crafted email telling us why you belong on the VisionPoint team along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Content Developer & Strategist in the subject line.