VisionPoint Marketing is a rapidly growing agency, recently ranked in the top 5 best employers in North Carolina. Our clients are higher education institutions of all sizes and missions from North Carolina State University in Raleigh to west-coast schools like UC Santa Barbara.
As part of our growth strategy, and in support of our vision to become the country’s most sought-after marketing agency for higher ed, we’re seeking an experienced Proposal Writer. The purpose of this position is to craft accurate, persuasive and strategic proposals in order to grow VisionPoint’s clientele.
We’re looking for someone with outstanding written and verbal communication skills, an analytical mind, and strong problem-solving skills. The Proposal Writer will be a member of our Strategic Partnerships team and will report to the Director of Account Services.
What You Will Do
- Read, understand and diagnose Requests for Proposals (RFP’s). Capable of prioritizing new business opportunities based on knowledge of VisionPoint’s strengths, portfolio, positioning, closing rates, etc. and determine and direct appropriate responses.
- Write thoughtful, well-crafted proposals and presentations which align with VisionPoint’s sales process and exhibit a strong understanding of, and empathy for, prospective clients’ marketing needs and goals. As the principal proposal and pitch creator, work in conjunction with subject matter experts to assemble all necessary information including: project scope, client objectives/goals/deliverables, processes, cost estimation, etc.
- Estimate accurate cost estimates by predicting hours required based on historical data, team input and VisionPoint’s proprietary methodologies.
- Meet deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; coordinate requirements with contributors; contribute proposal status information; coordinate submission of proposals.
Experience and Education
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, English or other applicable field of study.
- 3+ years in a similar writing-intensive position, preferably in a fast-paced agency setting.
- Demonstrate excellence in written and verbal communication as well as listening skills. In addition to impeccable spelling and grammar, must have the ability to write succinctly and boil complex ideas down into simple explanations. Our standards for writing skills are high, and we expect candidates to excel in this area.
- Experience crafting proposals specifically for marketing services.
You Must Also:
- Demonstrate the ability to actively listen and identify opportunities to leverage VisionPoint’s expertise to help a client achieve their goals and then clearly communicate how that can be accomplished.
- Be able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Be a fast learner and have a passion for writing.
- Be extremely detail-oriented.
- Demonstrate creativity and a willingness to solve problems where there is no pat answer.
- Be internally motivated, driven and goal-oriented.
- Demonstrate empathy for clients, team members, etc.
- Be optimistic and take the attitude that most problems can be solved.
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint culture.
- Experience in crafting proposals for government issued RFPs is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with InDesign and Keynote.
Commensurate with experience.
What We Are Like Here at VisionPoint
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.
Do you think you are the perfect fit? If so, please click here to send us your resume along with a thoughtful, well-crafted cover letter telling us why you belong on the VisionPoint team.