VisionPoint Marketing is looking for an experienced, passionate marketing strategist to join our growing Account Services team as an Account Manager. As the primary point of contact and advocates for their clients, Account Managers work with Account Directors and senior strategists to establish the strategic vision for their projects, and then leverage their marketing experience to manage the day-to-day execution of those strategies across VisionPoint’s offerings, all while delivering outstanding service and building strong relationships.
“Being an Account Manager is a challenging yet rewarding role. When people think "account management" they might think project timelines, budgets and client relationships. While this is true, AMs here do even more. Not only do AMs get to work with everyone on our talented team but they get to be hands on with everything from research to executing the strategy throughout all project deliverables. I love the AM role because no two days are ever alike and the opportunities to learn and grow are endless. And, our clients are pretty amazing.”
- Carissa Hoel, Account Manager
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned accounts, ensuring that all work helps clients achieve their targeted business goals and objectives
- Build strong relationships with clients through active consultation, direct and straightforward communication, and a willingness to meet and overcome challenges head-on.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of varying client projects such as large-scale website redesign projects and integrated marketing programs
- Support the Account Director in establishing and strengthening relationships at multiple levels within client organizations
- Build and manage detailed project plans, allocating internal and external resources effectively against established timelines to deliver goal-driven results
- Proactively address client concerns including following up and collaborating until the best outcome is achieved
- Manage and interact with internal resources to ensure that client deliverables are on strategy and support client goals
- Consistently monitor the marketplace and provide updates to client and agency on trends and relevant news/findings
- Communicate with all VisionPointers regarding issues within our company and within client organizations
- Contribute to short-term and long-term internal resource planning
- Ensure project requirements, decisions and/or objectives are documented
- Manage assigned administrative tasks such as billing and hourly budgets
Are you a perfect fit?
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interest and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Journalism, Communications, English or relevant field
- 3+ years of account management and/or marketing experience
- Outstanding oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor, poise and appearance
- Tech-savvy with natural problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to be a team player and work with others toward common goals
- Impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to delegate as needed
- Strong customer relationship skills including the ability to penetrate, grow and retain accounts, build relationships and quickly identify and address potential risks and issues
- Quick learner and self-starter who pushes for results even when dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to effectively plan, anticipate and take appropriate action in a proactive manner
- The capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills for a high volume of activities with varying priorities
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel/spreadsheets and comfortable learning new software as needed. MS Project experience a plus.
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture
Commensurate with experience.
What We Are Like Here at VisionPoint
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us everyday.
Do you think you are the perfect fit? If so, please click here to send us your resume along with a thoughtful, well-crafted cover letter telling us why you belong on the VisionPoint team.